The JBL Control 29AV-1 provides improved voicing for extremely flat, high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker.
The rotatable high-frequency horn allows use of the speaker in either vertical or horizontal orientation. Consistent coverage ensures excellent sound character throughout the listening area. Moderate magnetic shielding allows use of the speaker as close as 9″ to video monitors.
The top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows use of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In bypass position, the 8 ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers on a loudspeaker line.
The included InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41° off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36° (horn end inward) or 23° (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-29UB U-bracket allows for compact installation.
Weather resistance has been maximized. The woofer’s cone is made of kevlar, surround is pure butyl rubber, and the driver basket is rear loaded to minimize direct exposure. The compression driver’s diaphragm is pure titanium. The grille is thermoset composite coated and comes with foam to minimize incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2 sealed-entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker’s terminals.
JBL’s exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
JBL Control 29AV-1 Features:
- Extremely smooth, flat frequency response with extended bandwidth
- Rugged molded high-impact polystyrene (HIPS) enclosures balance mass, strength and resonance to perfectly compliment their respective transducers
- Symmetrical 90° horn geometry delivers precise directability and control
- Compact design dimensions and textured, ready-to-paint exterior surfaces makethe Control Contractor Series unobtrusive in any decor
- JBL’s (patent pending) Invisiball mounting system, innovative bracketing solutions, and spring-loaded terminals take the headaches out of installation
- Extensive use of high-tech materials adds years to speaker life expectancy while increasing weather resistance
JBL Control 29AV-1 Specifications:
- 37 Hz to 18 kHz frequency range (-10 dB)
- 150W pink noise, 300 watts continuous program power capacity
- 110° x 85° coverage with rotatable horn
- 115W, 55W, 28W at 70V/100V (plus 14W taps at 70V only)
- 8 Ohm Bypass
- Outdoor-rated screw down input terminal strip (with MTC-PC2 sealed entrance cover)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.3″ x 12″ x 11″
- Net Weight: 26.8 lbs
Be the first to review “JBL C29AV-1 Control 29AV-1 Premium 8″ 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Monitor Speaker”